- Are you seeking a varied and interesting position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Perfect for an experienced and professional individual looking for a new challenge!
- Attractive remuneration package, plus an outstanding range of benefits!
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland and New South Wales and employing more than 2000 people.
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology services the Brisbane metropolitan area and regional areas extending as far north as Cairns and south to Coffs Harbour.
About the Opportunities
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology has several exciting opportunities for part-time Laboratory Scientists to work in the Microbiology Department of the Bowen Hills Laboratory. When appropriately trained, the successful applicants will be expected to work the early morning shifts which are currently between the hours of 12am and 5:30am Tuesday to Saturday.
To be successful in one of these roles, you will ideally possess the following:
- Appropriate qualifications in medical laboratory science (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated theoretical knowledge of current microbiology testing practices.
- Laboratory experience in a microbiology laboratory particularly in the area of microscopy, body fluid processing and urine analysis.
- Experience in use and operation of current microbiology instruments, equipment and automated analysers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and also as an effective member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and work methodically and efficiently, whilst adhering to occupational health and safety policies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on customer service.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and support staff. The successful candidates will join a welcoming and dedicated team.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training, and will be provided with an avenue for career development and advancement.
For your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration plus super. Due to the working hours of these positions, penalty rates and shift allowance apply. In addition, you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per CWA 3
- Staff Services Committee - provides functions and events for staff, fully funded by the Practice
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.