- Are you seeking a varied and interesting position? This is the opportunity for you!
- Attractive remuneration package plus penalty rates & an outstanding range of benefits!
- Supportive team environment, with excellent job security within a growing organisation
- Significant opportunities for career progression and advancement with a well respected, industry leader
About the Organisation
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is one of the largest pathology practices in Australia, providing comprehensive services to patients and doctors over a geographic area throughout Queensland, the Northern Territory and northern New South Wales. Employing more than 2000 people Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology offers both routine testing and specialised testing for referral laboratories throughout Australia.
About the Opportunity
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology has an exciting opportunity for a Scientist/Technician to work full-time in their Microbiology department, based in Bowen Hills.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Appropriate qualifications in medical laboratory science (or equivalent).
- A theoretical knowledge of current microbiology testing practices.
- Extensive laboratory experience in a microbiology laboratory particularly in the area of microscopy and culture plate reading.
- Experience in the use and operation of current microbiology instruments, equipment and automated analysers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills and the ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and work methodically and efficiently, whilst adhering to occupational health and safety policies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to prioritise your workload and work safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Provide excellence in customer service.
When appropriately trained, the successful applicant will be expected to work a variety of shifts, which at present are between 5am and 7pm Monday to Friday. The successful applicant will also be expected to participate in weekend, public holiday roster and on call rosters.
Please note, however, that Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is committed to ensuring a healthy work/life balance for all staff. The organisation's Bowen Hills premises offers easy access to public transport.
About the Benefits
The high level of service provided by Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology is delivered by a dedicated staff comprising of pathologists, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, collection personnel, couriers, computer personnel, pathology services assistants and other support staff. The successful candidate will join a welcoming team, many of whom have stayed with the organisation for a number of years.
Staff members will be given a chance to develop their skills through ongoing training, providing an avenue for career development and advancement.
The successful candidates will enjoy a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and qualifications, plus super, overtime and the following permanent employee benefits:
- Parental and Adoption Leave - SNP staff receive 6 weeks paid maternity and adoption leave as per E.B.A.
- Employee Assistance Program - a free, confidential and voluntary counselling service provided as a resource to employees of Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, as well as immediate family, with the aim of assisting with the resolution of personal and work related problems which may affect quality of life or work performance
- Private Health Insurance - staff have access to discounted private health insurance through MBF, HCF and Medibank Private
- Pathology Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed Pathology Services
- X-Ray Services - staff and their immediate family (their children, partners and their parents) have access to bulk billed X-Ray and other diagnostic imaging through Queensland X-Ray
- Smoke-Free Workplace - for those staff wanting to use nicotine replacement therapy in quitting, management provides a level of financial assistance towards the cost of nicotine replacement patches.
This is your chance to join a leading pathology company and enjoy outstanding benefits! Don't miss out ‐ APPLY NOW!